Over a curry and some drinks we were told of a single wellington boot washed up on the shore, covered in barnacles and seaweed...
we were shown the photographic evidence and have a rough idea of where it is...
and so today we set off to try and find this piece of treasure ourselves, with the aim of taking photos... (of the boot that is..)
Today's big adventure....
First the walk from the car up to the fairy ring...
and then exploring each of the paths to the beaches in turn...
discovering wonderful places for picnics or for sharing a bottle of wine whilst watching the sun go down...
It was a wonderful adventure...
felt like pirates searching for their stash of treasure...
only to find someone had got there first - either stolen or washed away...
or hidden somewhere else...
our search was fruitless, but enjoyable...
and eventually - very eventually, we made our weary way home....
nature providing the most incredible colours in the sunset...
but where is that boot?...
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Four set off on the trail of a boot...
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a lovely thing to share with us. Thank you! Love the photos too.
What exquisite images Katie! Too bad you all didn't find that boot. I would have loved to have seen it too, but the sharing of the photos and your adventure was oh, so sweet.
Sorry that you didn't find your booty, however as is often the case the journey was much more important than the end result. THanks for sharing your adventure.
Hi Caroline, we're playing while we're on half term - it's fun and it's good, thank you - I love messing with the camera..
Jayne, You say the most lovely things...It was fun - I'm sorry if someone took it - I wonder what it's story is.... think thats why I wanted to find it..
Mark, it was always about the journey, the adventure... I only half hoped we would find it...it was a fairly long shot considering the tides and the number of people who have been down there lately picking up wood that was washed ashore...
we had a brilliant afternoon... you're welcome :)
Beautiful pics Katie...
I LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG for a trip to the beach, but will have to wait for a couple of months still before the snow melts away.
I would love to see Guernsey. I just know it is a place in this world where I would feel connected to the environment around me.
Post a Comment