I guess it's to be expected...
the tiredness, the attitude...
theirs and mine...
they push
I cope badly
they keep on pushing
boundaries stretch
then burst
I react, shout,
feel guilty...
noone tells you how to deal with 'attitude'...
didn't realise I signed up for this...
but it's too late now.
Escape,
start walking,
leave them with R,
time to breathe,
time to think.
A friend calls..
we talk,
they know what it's like... expect it to get worse before it gets better... but it will get better..
perhaps I'm not a bad Mum
perhaps I'm just human...
Tiredness gets to us all...
back home,
hugs,
apologies...
time to think has been good...
all made up, tucked up
adorable angels with attitude
Perhaps I'll get it right next time...
Sunday, July 01, 2007
the backlash of tiredness
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You ARE just human, Katie...hang in there. It comes and goes in waves.
Sounds like you're on the right track, and I know you love your kids. They know it, too.
be blessed today...
Definitely human! I know how easy it is to beat myself up when things are not "right" with my kids, but kids are kids and bloody difficult at times - even the nice ones! Take it from a professional!
It's easy to see, as beth says, that you love your kids. It's also easy to see that they love you too.
Take care
Indeed, we are all human Katie. It's part of giving them wings...
Thanks, looks like we're hitting / have hit one of those testing times...
Caroline, I love it - "bloody difficult at times - even the nice ones!"
Hormones are kicking in aswell.. chaos making chemicals....
All your comments help, thanks for the empathy and support, x
hug
xc
hi there.....boy, I can relate.
and on those days i tend to think of great escapes....kind of like Shirley Valentine....
it's always when i tiptoe into their bedrooms after a frustrating day and see them tucked under the covers looking innocently angel that my swelling heart returns and i feel like all is well.
well written Katie.......sorry i haven't posted comments...am reading though. time seems to be fleeting.
yes i can relate too! when you find yourself getting snappy with a two year old just because she wants your attention you realise how 'human' you can be....
someone once told me 'there are no good mothers, only good-enough mothers'.
Post a Comment