Saturday, December 16, 2006

The start of a brand new relationship

Slowly does it...

The ordinary pc we use for e mail and the one I use for blogging has had a major blip, internet access has died, giving us an unrecognisable front page getting nowhere, so we've been getting more familiar with this imac.... it's sleek and smooth and feels very ....new and tentative.


We discovered the camera, well Sam and I did - she's losing her voice but keeps on trying it out as it sounds different.

She wrote an amazing poem today. I'd love to share them, but I don't feel I can put them up here, they aren't mine to share. Instead we are keeping them safe, trying to not lose her random thoughts.
This page looks different, I imagine it'll just take a while to get used to - I'm missing icons for links and font choices....
Will ponder that tomorrow after some rest. If anyone has any helpful ideas on how colour, size and links can be accessed on a mac please let me know :) Cheers, x

Edit : Thanks Jayne all back to normal, toys back in place :)

10 comments:

Jayne said...

Hey Katie... hate to tell you, but Blogger does not support Safari, and so you'll have none of those cool tools at your fingertips if you use Safari to post to Blogger. What you CAN do is download Firefox as an alternate browser (what I had to do) and then you can have all the toys back. For the most part, you will LOVE the iMac, but until more things support it, it's still the red headed stepchild.

Rainbow dreams said...

Thanks Jayne, I do seem to remember you posting about it a while back, only before we had a mac it didn't make any sense!
Will look at firefox tomorrow, thanks - does that then replace safari completely on everything? silly question but I'm a bit uneducated on this subject... :)

Jayne said...

Oh no... I have a separate little icon on my toolbar for the Firefox which I pretty much only use for Blogger, and to log onto my bank for on-line statement checking (their system also did not respond well with Safari). I use Safari for everything else.

Rainbow dreams said...

Thats even better - thanks.... am getting to like this... todays challenge is to move Rob's ipod over to this too :)
Have a lovely day

Anonymous said...

YGNYDFOztymppxiBeautiful picture Katie, and luck with your new iMac I have so enjoyed reading your blog.Merry Christmas to you and your family. Samtzmom's Mom

Anonymous said...

Katie, sorry about the Gobbly-Goop, don't know how that happened, Samtzmom's Mom

Beth said...

Oh, yay - a picture of Katie! Thanks so much! I don't recall you posting a photo before, and I do so love being able to put faces with words.

Congrats on moving forward and managing your new toys! I really, really like the new color....

awareness said...

You are both BEAUTIFUL!!!!

It's wonderful to see your smiling face........

I will try to post a pic over the holidays now that I have a new digital camera......I'm just learning to take pics, so bear with me....

Cheers!

Dana

Rainbow dreams said...

So firefox is working well apart from I totally give up on selecting fonts - it has a mind of it's own :)

Thank you Samtzmom's mom and Ruth, Beth, Jayne and Dana, Merry Christmas,xx

Rainbow dreams said...

Beth,
I meant to say, thank you - it was lovely to see your pictures too recently, my only previous picture was of me in my moonwalk bra!!

Dana,
You're so kind, thank you.
This one only materialized because we have an inbuilt camera on this new machine :) I look forward to seeing you whenever, x