Saturday, December 02, 2006

Its almost unremarkable...

Sometimes it seems that the highs and lows just even out with neither excessive jubilation nor devastation, and life trundles along fairly evenly, even if it does increase in speed at times. At times when we're keeping up there might be nothing out of the ordinary or of special note to comment on.
I can hear little R laughing, hear him and S chatting, all the food is ready and prepared for tonight when the house will be full with friends and their children, yesterday a lady who recognised me from dancing and my previous work in schools smiled and we spent time chatting, Nibbles the school hamster is visiting again, this time with a new house and extra baggage, including a cool seesaw.... all the sequins are stuck on the tutu, the christmas tree is ready to put up, we're all healthy....for the moment anyway. We have more to fit in than hours to accommodate it all and yet we're running and keeping up.
These small details are the highlights that give purpose and sparkle to an otherwise unremarkable time, the things that rock my world for the moment....
Sometimes there is very little to say.

4 comments:

awareness said...

HI Katie.....

I'm catching up........sometimes unremarkable is good, especially if it follows stress. I'm glad your mom is on the mend.

You are WAY ahead of me on the prepping for Christmas. AND who's the keener who has already sent cards out??? Oh my!

Thinking of you...........enjoy the rest of your weekend.

D.

Rygel said...

sometimes i think it would be better if there would be extreme highs and lows in my day at least i would be forced to take notice. the way things are going now, i always forget to appreciate the small things

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it is best to not have much to say. I find it is better to have something to say than to have to say something anyway.

Rainbow dreams said...

Dana, it's good to hear from you.
The Christmas card was actually from my godfather, who I've only had communication with since we had children of our own - I never questioned that till I typed it just then, but it always makes me happy to recieve their card, perhaps the unremarkable really is remarkable after all...

Rygel, thanks for coming by again, sometimes appreciation takes time and thats a valuable commodity too often lacking in our lives. Have a good week,

Edgewalker, welcome, and how true, so often we feel we have to say something when maybe we would be better to listen or just wait