
Its crisp and cold here in the mornings, yet so clear it makes me want to breathe extra deeply.
When the sun comes out it is breathtaking.
The evenings feel similar. The other day the moon was hiding just behind a cloud, and Sam and I really did see the silver lining(s) in the cloud..... they do exist!
If we'd had a camera at that moment, I'd have taken a photo, but I can't help thinking some moments are far better experienced, absorbed, internalised and appreciated in their entirety, for what they are, instead of trying to capture them on film and missing the essence of it.
I have struggled with this too when I watch the children in various productions, though fortunately someone else is normally recording an event if it's important.
There's a momentum building again in R's art work, with some very varied possibilities and potential exhibitions ahead.
This brings with it a whole new energy and feel to the house, and has an effect on everyone. It's as if it breathes a new life into the place - works in progress and new ideas being formulated and discussed. Its also a reason to get out and experience anew, wonders of nature, that require nothing more than for us to just step outside.
We don't need a reason, but I know we do it more when we have one.
His work envelops us all. I've noticed there is a different kind of calmness when we have art permeating our lives, in whatever form.
For now I'm breathing deeply and enjoying the shift thats occurring.
Friday, November 10, 2006
Breathing again...
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Friday, November 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good Saturday morning.
Beautiful post Katie......beautiful thoughts. My mother used to have a poster in the "loo" It was a picture of a naked lady surrounded by artwork. The caption read......."If I had to choose, I'd rather buy art than clothes." :)
Creativity.......of any kind does breathe life into a home. Visual art turns a home into a welcoming vibrant place.
I would love to one day see where you live and the natural beauty I envision your part of the world embraces.......
Ah......the chill of the crisp fall mornings.......
How cool....I love what you wrote about art permeating the house...
Dana, Art instead of clothes?....I kind of like the idea of that!
If you ever find yourself in this part of the world, you're welcome, honestly,
Beth, it does, I find art seeps through, bringing a calmness and beauty all of it's own - now to find my own artistic streak!
Post a Comment