Friday, June 23, 2006

Racing

Yesterday raced on by - until at the end if it we had gained a hamster for the weekend, I had achieved far more than I ever set out to do ( not sure how that happened while I wasn't watching!) I seem to have (sadly) gained recognition as a master flower paper maker, and being so caught up with work I managed to forget totally that Iwas meeting the girls for supper - now I know when that happens it's time for change - still can't believe I did it ~ consequently I was baking chocolate brownies at midnight ready for today!

Today is racing with amlost equal speed, and am filled with emotions I lack the words to express to do with achievement and spirit, determination and resolve - watching Richard sprinting and throwing the javelin I'm overwhelmed - one strong lad, exceeding his previous record in the javelin - not something they practice, but a massive throw for a ten year old - 24.3 metres ~ and to watch him sprint was amazing ~ am not completely sure why I get so emotional ( thank god for sunglasses!)

The most outstanding thing though from the sports day so far has been the fantastic team spirit and genuine support - watching our children grow into amazing and wonderful caring and sensitive young people

4 comments:

Caroline said...

not being funny - did he win the javelin event? that's a huge throw! that's truely scarey.

glad you all ahd a good day!

Rainbow dreams said...

He did win his javelin thanks Caroline - it's probably a school record too - they have to check - and his sprint was the fastest of the day - 60m in 9.01 seconds

Rob represented Merseyside in Javelin when he was at school so most likely something from him .. Richard only does it for sports day as the rest is spent on football and cricket, can't imagine what he'd do if he actually practised!

Caroline said...

maybe he should!!!

Rainbow dreams said...

I think perhaps he should - thing is, he's talented at so many sports but got bored hanging round at athletics waiting for his turn so gave up! Might be more motivated now if it comes from him rather than us :-)