Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In explanation..

I'm thinking to myself I could appear to be being overdramatic over leaving what is essentially a job - the thing is, to me anyway, it isn't any old job.

It is a job looking after and taking forward a charity set up in memory of my employers' daughter to provide support, resources and information to families and those caring for children when someone close to them is seriously ill, or when someone has died ~ it has expanded and grown out of all proportion in the past 4 1/2 years since I started, the number of calls escalated and so did the public speaking, the schools took on board that I could take lessons based on ways of coping with loss and grief and I have been going into schools in most year groups, from preschool upwards.

This Trust, this charity is quite literally their baby , and I took it on personally, caring and nurturing it. A part time job has taken over my life ~ I believe in what it offers, believe it is important, that what I was doing makes a difference and is valuable.

But it's not a job that can be done well alone, and without emotional support and encouragement - I'm not prone to being overdramatic, it feels like I'm leaving part of me behind, but a part of me that wasn't looked after as well as I had hoped - I hope it continues to grow and develop.

But for me, it's time to move on

3 comments:

sally said...

Sounds like a good decision. Four and a half years dealing with such a subject without the right support..I know a bit about what you are feeling!!!!!

be kind to yourself...find something else to do (Caroline, does this sound familiar!! Applied for that other job yet???)

Caroline said...

indeed a brave but wise decision Katie...freedom to move on. if only i were so brave. well done - and best wisehs with whatever happens next
xC

Rainbow dreams said...

Thank you both of you - am now seeing it as definitely the right decision - it's been a long hard road getting to this point

Am not best at being kind to myself - but maybe it's time to start x