Wednesday, June 03, 2009

(Leunig)


kinda stuck for words lately...
am thinking something about time,
healing, recovering,
or just gradually getting used to some things being how they are.

And about love ~
it's never simple,
never easy,
not always rewarding even,
not immediately that is...

I guess it's tied up with acceptance,
as we learn and discover more,
uncover more of the layers of one another,
over time,
and yet loving all the same.

We change, we grow, we reveal,
yet the essence of who we are stays the same,
and we know we are all fallible and vulnerable.

We don't always make it easy for people to love us
and others aren't always easy to love.

Sometimes it's simple
and sometimes it's difficult...

See,
no words,
just circles!
that's life I guess!

there is no other way,
thankfully
:)
x


11 comments:

Independent Chick said...

You say circles...I see me and totally understand this post. At least the words. Hope you are well. xx

much2ponder said...

Your words speak volumes tonight as I sit here pondering some things. Hope all is well with you RD. You are loved.

Rainbow dreams said...

Stacey, thank you, I am not too bad, getting somewhere anyway, even if t is in circles!! xx

much2ponder, thank you, you are loved too... and I keep meaning to e mail too, x

Nikita said...

Love that little quote at the top darl. xxx

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Niki,
Thanks, I love it too - love the illustration that Leunig has with it in his book, but can't find it to share on here.. Rob has painted it for the kids to have, but again copyright etc... love a lot of Leunig's work, xx

Just another concerned patriotic American said...

Well said and I couldn't agree more :)

BlazngScarlet said...

Totally feeling THIS!
Keeping you in my thoughts.

awareness said...

I believe the only way to handle love it to give it unconditionally and not expect it in return. But when it is offered up to you, to see it as a cherry on top of the sundae.

We have no control over other's interpretations of our love giving. People react from differnet places and points in their lives. How they react we have no control over, but I do believe if we are consistent in our messages and clearly describe our feelings so they are as plain as day, we are more apt to receive a response more in line with what we want.

Our love and belonging needs are deep and plentiful....I think we have to remain cognizant of that need and how we portray it to others.

Rainbow dreams said...

CJ ~ Thank you :)

and Scarlet :) x

Dana,
my thoughts...
true love will always be unconditional, we have little choice over who we love, it happens regardless (and despite our better judgements at times).
And as such we can't expect it in return.. it is always a gift, out of our hands.

Behaviour is different, we may not always like how people behave, and at times peoples behaviour may muddy the waters.. it may make us question, and yet if it is true, then it will always be there. It is very hard to choose not to love someone, even if we don't always like them...

Those who truly love us are always there, more than a cherry on the top, I'd see them more as the chocolate sauce swirled throughout giving it flavour with every mouthful...

awareness said...

I think we are in agreement and understand this from personal experience.

Rainbow dreams said...

personal experience is about the only thing we have to rely on I think - we may hear other peoples stories but we never learn as much...

it is a wonderful mystery I think... :)