A lesson learned and yet not understood.
Forgiveness,
like love,
so complex, so vital.
Emanating from conscious thought and desire,
yet
somehow that alone is not enough
we can think
we can hope
we can pray
and where it comes from we cannot know or understand,
it is a gift,
a precious healing gift.
and once given it is strong and sure,
and enduring
and it brings with it calm and peace...
and although there is such a human element, that alone is not enough..
it surely is a mystery
a blessing and a wonder
for everyone involved.
and if that's magic,
I want to believe :)
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Mystery
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You have added that "mystery" element in the writing too without revealing much.
This is very-well written! I loved the starting stanza a lot! It is indeed a "precious healing gift".
Keep writing!!!
Bros, you are so encouraging and your comments are always so uplifting :) we always seek to understand that which we don't know, and yet sometimes it is more than enough to accept it for what it is I think.
Hope you have a lovely week.
I always think forgiveness is a bit like an onion - we think we have forgiven someone, only to find there is another layer.
Eventually, we find it has all gone - what was upsetting us so much?
I'm afraid my metaphor is not nearly so mysterious and beautiful as your poem, yet I think we actually are saying the same thing.
Thank you, Katie!
Katie, this is lovely. Indeed, so complex, and so vital. You are so right!
I am still learning this lesson...
~Calli
Gilly, I have been thinking about this since you posted it, just never got to reply..
I think it does come in layers, I'm not so sure about the forgetting part, I wonder if that is there for a reason, what is the point unless we can remember what we had to forgive? If I forget then that makes it less real somehow, and less significant. Yet being able to remember without the feelings that are stirred by remebering. Truly accepting someone with their weaknesses and vulnerabilities, even when they have impacted in a huge way on us.. that was the miracle
much love
Katie
Calli, thank you,
I am learning it too - keep needing reminding!
Katie
x
Forgiveness. That is so huge. A lesson I have been learning about. So freeing. Peace. XX
Post a Comment