I had so much planned for today...guess thats never the best start...
So little has actually been achieved, but we do seem to have run around for hours in the car, spent a chunk of the day at my parents which was important, persuaded the dentist to give us an emergency apointment for S who was in pain and reluctantly purchased a few items in town for Christmas and Birthdays coming up all too imminently.
Finally, and despite not wanting to go, I ventured back to town where S was supposed to be joining others for Carol singing....but being late we thought we would catch up with them at the first stop. No great surprises that after an hour of loitering on the street corner outside one of our hotels we decided to call it a day and came home... we had no mobile contact numbers, and as S said, I should have gone to the original meeting place, but as we were running late I honestly thought I was being sensible...
The list is still almost as long as it was this morning and I am ready for bed...
The stars and moon were beautiful tonight...
I almost took a photo as we waited for the others to arrive...
street lights and Christmas lights tell stories of the lives behind the house doors...
My daughter told me she would always be with me in my heart and in my head... how does she get that at such a young age?
Am thinking that all those who ever touch our hearts and souls stay with us, both in our hearts, and in our heads... a beautiful thought...
My son fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow... guess thats what you get when you live each waking moment with such energy... he always has...
I missed my friend's daughter on morning television and only realised this evening...
Most of the time I think I'm doing a rubbish job at being a parent... but I try, and somehow thats what my kids seem to see...and I am truly grateful for that...
I never got back to any exercise - today was the day - so am still feeling flabby and lard like...
Am fading fast - the sofa and fire and wine lull me into a soporific state where climbing the stairs is almost too much effort... and I have work tomorrow morning.. early....
Thursday, December 20, 2007
This almost had a photo....
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a smart girl you have Katie. I think we're all a bit harried now in preparation for the big day. Maybe we should all just take a nap? :c)
Hi Jayne, I think the preparation is just as important as the day itself... have been thinking there's no point in having a happy smiley 25th if the run up to it has been fraught and miserable... so I'm trying to not stress...means we're more disorganised than ever... but who really is going to tell me off for it...
now we have food and drink for the holiday I'm happy :)
I imagine it's far from a 'rubbish job', Katie. You do the best you can with each day, and hope that the more embarrassing mistakes are forgotten.
Lately I just keep reminding myself that my children are awesome individuals - wonderful people - and that I am blessed to be around them. As I learn to interact with them effectively - to parent them well - it makes me a better person, too.
Sounds to me like you're an awesome mom...and your little girl WILL always be with you, heart and head. Doesn't get much better than that, does it?
hugs -
Beth, somehow I missed your comment - you know it DOESN'T get much better than that.... thank you, x
Post a Comment