Prepared for the school disco... since early this morning...
S has just returned, flushed and smiling, happy, a brilliant time had by the sounds of it...
but what of the boy who asked her out... the little darling... ! he's got excellent taste, I give him that... :)
am feeling more than a bit territiorial...
she is beautiful, and anyone would be a fool not to want to go out with her - to spend time having fun with her... can't think of anything more wonderful in the whole world....
but she's my baby, and she's my girl...
so I am relieved that at least for now, she said no, well actually she couldn't make up her mind - it's a genetic problem that one...
she is safely tucked up in bed, as is her brother who has become firmly attached to his mobile since his disco...
Can't work out why I would feel differently about him to her - she certainly knows her mind enough to not be messed around...
however, I am hoping this means we can now spend some time before boys have to enter into the equation, and stir up hormones and feelings more than they already are...
my prayer tonight... x
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm happy she had such a wonderful time. :)
My little fashionista just received her party dress in the mail the other day.....her Christmas dance is next week, and she's very excited. She's been bouncing around in her new dress, trying different accessories with it. Whenever she shows us her newest adornment, I can see her Dad get uncomfortable knowing the boys are hovering.....knowing his little girl has grown up.
I think his anxiety :) over this transformation is WAY more than mine, poor fella. :)
Scary but exciting times! Can't you just remember those feelings when you were her age? Oh my... the butterflies. :c)
Hi Dana, oh wow - a special dress... don't get me started on lack of shopping for preteens over here - or for that matter on our neighbouring island...
we had the fashion show before - plus the careful choosing what went in the bag she took...
R is quite cool about the whole thing as yet....
though I imagine it will change once one of the boys has stopped hovering and actually made a move...
oh goodness - it's all fun and games... love it really!! :)
Jayne, Oh yes - I remember my first disco!! the horror of white turning luminous under the lights... and the boys one side and the girls the other..
heehee butterflies and fun...
I remember :) x
Oh my. How old is she? I want to postpone that as long as possible. Oh my...
Variations - hi :) I want to postpone it as long as possible too... she is all of ...
ten
think we may get eleven out of her first - the next disco is summer I think... :) Oh my indeed...
Katie, it happens all too quickly; they love and are loved, and sometimes it's wonderful, and sometimes you pray that it fades quickly...
Enjoy these innocent days, and be glad that she has a discerning spirit..
Beth,
We are finding it happens all too quickly - I am glad of her discerning spirit...
long may it last... :)
Post a Comment