Thursday, October 19, 2006

A new routine

Good days are interspersed with more difficult days at work - learning a new skill in addition to a new job is more tiring than it would seem.
The children are following my progress and pitfalls with interest and encouragement. I need to do my homework but I'm finding it's all too easy to just fall asleep.

With this in mind we have embarked on a new routine - early to bed, early to rise, which means I'm in work earlier but still just as tired at the end of the day! On top of this we have given up alcohol and increased exercise - now it's just a case of getting used to it all, and I'm sure I'll be re-energised and able to read everything I have to and want to, reply to my e mails and texts and write proper letters, and generally get done what needs to :-)

5 comments:

sally said...

Oh, it is what I aspire to!!!!!! good luck...

Julie said...

Hi
It's funny but I too have had to get into a new routine to suit my new job. I'm in bed by 9, the kids think it's shocking. Also no alcohol for me now as 1 glass and I'm not on form the next day. Ironic i that I've just started working in a pub and had to stop drinking!!

Julie x

Jayne said...

We've been up at 5:20 for so long now that I don't know how to sleep "late." Good luck on the new routines!

Caroline said...

no alcohol? you really have joined my friends' church haven't you?

Rainbow dreams said...

Sally, thanks, it's not as easy as it sounds!!

Hi Julie - it's strange how even one glass can change how we feel the next day - thanks for coming by

Samtzmom - you have to be my inspiration - 5.20!!! I'm not sure I can manage that anymore - that was in my 20's...

Caroline - please be completely reassured I haven't, wouldn't dream of that - *runs to unlock drinks cabinet* ;-)

Ruthe, that sounds like someting from Midsummer to me - how wonderful!
oh and exercise is being the last thing to be addressed when and if I stay awake long enough!