Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy moments recently

S returned from her trip with an extra aura of self confidence, and serenity.... delighted to be home but pleased to have been away for the first time without us too.

She looked so grown up - with the longest legs ever - as she went in for her ballet exam today, hair pristine with blue flowers neatly around her ballet bun! nerves under control and smiling on the outside.

I'm missing R (junior) terribly, no news is good news and I'm sure he's having a fantastic time.... I bet there's no clean clothes left even now.... please god let the seas be calm on Saturday...

A belated birthday present.... :) what a surprise.... a total surprise.... bright and colourful, a scarf all the way from R's sister in Australia. S and I went to collect it from the post office after the exam ..... just the thought that someone has been thinking of me out of the blue makes me smile... and it is a rather nice scarf too...

and finally this evening an escape working with a group of young people on our battle of flowers float, seeing ideas coming together and hearing them wishing they could spend more time on it because the hour goes so quickly...

and now... time to spend reading before bed... the luxury of escapism... a couple of books I'd normally reserve for beach reading that won't stretch my brain cells, but are good for relaxing with.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

OK, so we all now want to see the pretty scarf. :c) So glad you sound so content Katie. Life is indeed good.

Julie said...

Hi Katie

Just to say thanks for your love and friendship here in blogland. I've decided to stop blogging for the moment - maybe for good. Just wanted to say please do keep in touch by email.

Love Julie x

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Jayne, I did think, but it didn't happen - the picture that is... It's a strange time, content and yet unsettled at the same time... always something going on here... :)

Julie, I'll miss your blog, but will certainly keep in touch by e mail - take good care, sending prayers and love
Katie,x